- HEARING: We listened to three different songs. During each song, the children drew how they felt the song would look as a piece of artwork. This created a lovely triptych done with crayons.
- SMELL: We painted using fruit tea bags. We also ground cinnamon sticks and nutmeg on some rough sandpaper to make our play dough scented. (The art room smelled "like cookies.")
- TOUCH: Using many different materials (papers, fabric, yarn, tin foil, etc.) we felt and described the textures of each. We then, created a touch collage.
- TASTE: Although we did not eat anything, we used potatoes and apples as a stamp for our taste piece.
- SIGHT: We looked at some pictures that trick our eyes by using complementary colors (colors across from each other on the color wheel) and then we created our own tricky pictures using oil pastels.
Tuesday, November 4, 2014
The kindergartners have been hard at work over the last several weeks doing an art project that targeted each of our five senses.We are now compiling all five pieces together into a five senses book. Here is what we did for each of our senses...